Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Yankees Fan Dreams of Championship Before Dying

Nine-year-old Jacob Goldman of Queens, New York says he has but one wish: to see his beloved Yankees win the World Series before he dies. "I've been a die-hard Yankees fan since I was just a little kid, like, two or three, " said Jacob, speaking from his family home, "I just hope to see them win it all someday before I die."


The Yankees last hoisted the World Series trophy in 2000, the 26th time they did so in their history -- more than any other team in baseball. "I was only a couple months old when they won, so I don't remember it at all. My dad told me it was awesome, but I want to see it for myself."

Jacob isn't the only long-suffering baseball fan out there. Much like Jacob, 104-year-old Leo Hildebrand was too young to remember much of the Cubs last championship in 1908. "Oh, I bet it was a mighty celebration, but to be honest, I can't say I remember it. Would I like to see the Cubbies do it again before I go to my reward? Darn tootin'!"


While these two fans live in different towns and cheer for different teams, one thing remains the same: they both have waited a lifetime to see their beloved teams win it all. Now that's what I call dedication!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home